What exactly did the CIA know prior to 9/11? CIA cover up exposed by former Bush official

Published On August 14, 2011 | By Matt Gratz | Government, Government Lies, Military, Politics, War Crimes, war on terror

Matt Gratz, Political Fail Blog

A former Bush administration anti-terror czar is blowing the whistle on the CIA by claiming the information agency had information that could have prevented the attacks that occurred September 11, 2001. The anti-terror czar claims the CIA is involved in a conspiracy to keep that information under wraps.

The former czar, Richard Clarke, speaking in an interview for an upcoming radio documentary on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, says that the former CIA Director George Tenet and two other top-ranking officials tried to keep both the White House and the FBI from coming into possession of information that he says could have prevented the 9/11 attacks from ever happening.

Clarke suspects the CIA of covering up information that shows the agency was not only aware of the hijackers plot, but they knew they were in the United States as a result of a failed attempt to recruit the terrorists as al-Qaeda informants. When asked who he believes would have organized such a cover-up, Clarke tells journalists, “there was a high-level decision in the CIA ordering people not to share information.” I would think it would have been made by the director,” referring to Tenet.

According to this report by Philip Shenon of The Daily Beast, Clarke speculates—and readily admits he cannot prove—that the CIA withheld the information because the agency had been trying to recruit the terrorists, while they were living in Southern California under their own names, to work as CIA agents inside Al Qaeda. After the recruitment effort went sour, senior CIA officers continued to withhold the information from the White House for fear they would be accused of “malfeasance and misfeasance,” Clarke suggests.

Clarke said that if his theory is correct, Tenet and others would never admit to the truth today “even if you waterboarded them.”

Of course the former CIA director, George Tenet responded quickly saying in a statement that Clarke has “suddenly invented baseless allegations which are belied by the record and unworthy of serious consideration. Richard Clarke was an able public servant who served his country well for many years, but his recently released comments about the run-up to 9/11 are reckless and profoundly wrong.”

Clarke starts with the presumption that important information on the travel of future hijackers to the United States was intentionally withheld from him in early 2000,” he adds. “It was not.”

The interview was conducted back in 2009, but is only now being released for the upcoming anniversary of that tragic day in 2001, when nearly 3,000 people were murdered. The investigation continues on.

The response to the attacks has not and will never achieve justice. More killing will only lead to more death and destruction. This is a war that cannot be stopped. The more you fight “terrorism” the more “terrorists” you create. It is time for the United States to realize this and to simply stop. Every time a drone or a soldier kills an “enemy” 5 more are inspired to fight to the glorious release of death. These are just simple laws of nature that are being completely ignored.. unless this is the plan for some twisted reason.. ($$$)

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Matt Gratz
Matt Gratz founded Political Fail Blog in December of 2010. As a human rights activist, Matt has spent years in the bay area fighting for social justice in the streets. Follow PFB to keep up to date with his photos, videos & blogs! Follow me on twitter!

Leave a Reply